Connect to UWS
This article will explain how to connect to the University Wireless Service (UWS) while on-campus at the University of Alberta.
The steps in the procedure below apply to anyone with a valid University of Alberta Campus Computing ID (CCID) wishing to connect to UWS with a wireless network enabled device.
If at any time you have difficulty or encounter problems with this process, please call IST for support at 780-492-9400.
Please confirm you have up to date wireless network drivers from your device manufacturer.
Using a computer
1. Click the wireless status icon on your desktop's system tray. This may be either a fan-shaped icon, or a set of ascending bars, typically located near the clock.
2. A list of available wireless networks will appear. Click on UWS.
3. You will be prompted for a username and password. Enter your CCID as your username (all lowercase characters), and your CCID password for your password. Click Connect/OK or whatever option allows you to enter this information and continue.
4. If you are prompted for a security certificate, accept it to continue.
5. Your computer will connect to UWS.
Using a mobile device
1. Access your device's settings.
2. In the Wireless or Network section, locate the Wi-Fi option. Make sure it is turned on.
3. Tap the Wi-Fi option. A list of available networks should appear. Select UWS from the list.
4. You will be prompted for a username and password. Enter your CCID as your username (all lowercase characters), and your CCID password for your password. Tap Connect/OK or whatever option allows you to enter this information and continue.
5. Your mobile device will connect to UWS.
Note* Some Android operating systems and Chromebooks will ask for additional information:
EAP Method = PEAP
Phase 2 Authentication = MSCHAPv2
CA Certificate = Use System Certificates
User Certificate: None Installed (Default setting)
Online Certificate Status = Request Certificate Status
Domain = ualberta.ca
Identity = CCID
Anonymous Identity = leave blank
Password = CCID password
For more detailed instructions (including screenshots) on connecting to UWS from specific devices, please view the following links:
UWS With an Android Device
[Note: some Samsung devices need to have a CA Certificate (security certificate) added manually]
UWS With an iOS Device
UWS With MacOS X
UWS With Ubuntu Linux
UWS With Windows 10
The following Software versions, or better, will be required to connect to UWS:
- Microsoft Windows 8.1, with all the latest Microsoft updates.
- Apple MacOS 10.13.6.
- Apple iOS 11.
- Android version 6.0.1.
If you continue to have issues with this service that the KB couldn't resolve REPORT A PROBLEM